How to Prepare for a Move in 15 Steps
Moving somewhere new and lost on how to begin? Plan, organize, and execute! Those 3 tips will make your move a success. By using the following 15 steps, you are guaranteed for a perfect move!
1. Plan where you are going to be moving to and how many rooms you will have.
2. Plan out all the rooms in your new place.
3. Decide how many of your current rooms you are going to pack up.
4. Make a layout of where your belonging will go in the new rooms.
5. Decide how many of your appliances or furniture pieces are going with you to the new place.
6. Decide how big of a moving truck you need.
7. Find a moving company that works best for you and your move!
9. Use colored duct tape or markers to label the boxes for each new room.
10. Pack one room at a time and label the boxes with where they will go in the new rooms.
11. Organize what you do not want to bring with you.
12. You can either take your belongings, throw things away, donate them, or have a sale!
13. Pack all important or valuable items together and keep them with you during the move.
14. Turn off water, gas/electric, cable, and internet and transfer them to your new location.
15. Don’t forget to transfer your paper and mail to your new address.
Good luck with your move and enjoy your new home!